– Auburn Primary School’s Main Wing is a two-storey brick building and the very first and oldest building, dating back to 1925. Funding has been allocated towards specifically upgrading and modernising this building, which currently accommodates the reception and staff administration areas, server room, computers, amenities and learning base.
– The scope of work involves a major refurbishment of the Ground Floor to consolidate the Administration area, including the foyer, offices, first aid room and staff amenities, and to create three GPCs with an open-plan collaborative learning space.
– On the first floor, a major refurbishment will create three flexible GPCs, a centrally located Resource Intensive Learning area, Staff lounge, wcs, and Music teaching space.
– A DDA-compliant passenger lift, and minor refurbishment of the Loft and Mezzanine levels complete the internal works.
– Externally, a new outdoor learning area will be created, and the external staircase to the main courtyard will receive a modern refresh through the introduction of vertical timber slats.