City of Boroondara
– This project involved alterations and extensions to an existing preschool set within a beautiful parkland area in Surrey Hills.
– The brief included accommodation for an additional 22 children along with a new maternal and child health centre. This resulted in the provision of a new playroom, staff room facilities, amenities, storage and a general upgrade to all services.
– A simple extension of the brick structure is wrapped with dark painted tongue and groove cladding to define the new addition whilst responding sympathetically to existing conditions.
– The new playroom is a light-filled and open space that features high level clerestory windows, ample built in storage with feature coloured recesses, and a playful arrangement of pendant lights and acoustic panels.
– The maternal and child health wing features a new consulting suite that overlooks the surrounding parkland, and a generous waiting room, both of which incorporate bright colours in the joinery, carpet and wall coverings.